Buffet By The Bay: Your Guide to Eat-All-You-Can Restaurants in SM by the Bay
Just behind Mall of Asia is Seaside Boulevard, a strip filled with buffet choices to satisfy the hungriest of customers. This area, called SM By The Bay, might as well be nicknamed 'Buffet By The Bay' with its lineup of restaurants offering all you can eat dining across different cuisines.
SM By the Bay, located at Seaside Boulevard, SM Mall of Asia Complex
Photo from SM By the Bay Facebook
The best of buffet warriors understand that to conquer eat-all-you can restaurants, one must be armed with a battle plan: choose wisely, begin with an open mind, and an empty stomach, so you can eat your heart out and maximize the entire buffet experience.
When major hunger strikes and the craving for many kinds of food overwhelms you, round up fellow famished foodies for a buffet feast at SM By The Bay. Here's your cheat sheet for all of the all-you-can-eat options and their current rates. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your flavor!
FB: /BanzaiPH | IG: @banzai_ph
The Food: Everything Japanese: ramen, sushi and sashimi, teppanyaki, takoyaki, okonomiyaki, tempura, steak, salmon, katsudon, gyudon, soba, and many more. Banzai currently holds the title of being the biggest all-Japanese buffet in Metro Manila.
Highlights: Various entertainment to experience Japanese culture, such as theater set for a kabuki performance, a Trick Art Gallery, and souvenir section. The rest of the restaurant features beautiful representations of familiar Japanese landscapes like Osaka and Tokyo. On weekends, catch Festival of Japan performances during lunch and dinner hours.
- Monday to Friday: P699 for Lunch, P899 for Dinner
- Saturday, Sunday, Holidays: P1,088 Lunch and Dinner
- Buffet For Kids: P499 below 4.5 ft., Children below 3.5 ft Free
- (Leftover Price: P1,288)
2. Buffet 101 International Cuisine
FB: /buffet101 | Twitter: @buffet101
The Food: Buffet 101 aims to offer a five star hotel feel with its buffet selection of interntional cuisine. Begin with appetizers, soups, salads, breads and cheeses, and dive into different cuisines like American, Italian, Chinese, and Japanese.
Highlights: A notable and hefty dessert selection to please your sweet tooth, so leave space for that. It's drink all you can, too -- sodas, hot and cold beverages, juices, etc.
- Monday to Friday: P699/Lunch, P939/Dinner
- Saturday: P899/Lunch, P1,050/Dinner
- Sunday & Holidays: P1,050/Lunch and Dinner
- (Leftover Price: P1,350)
3. Four Seasons Hotpot City
FB: /fourseasonshotpotmoa | IG: @fourseasonshotpotph www.fourseasonshotpot.com.ph
The Food: This latest concept from the Vikings group is a healthier take on eat all you can. The buffet offers mainly Chinese and Japanese selections for your hotpot/shabu-shabu feast, accompanied with staple Asian favorites.
Highlights: Add-ons and accompaniments for your hotpot are always healthy, as their ingredients are fresh from the source to your table.
- Weekday Lunch: P588 + 5% service charge = P617.40
- Weekday Dinner: P788 + 5% service charge = P827.40
- Weekend Lunch, Dinner, and Holiday: P788 + 5% service charge = P827.40
FB: "La Fiesta Largest Filipino Buffet"
The Food: Unlimited plates of street food, party staples that are not limited to Pinoy food (like spaghetti and fried chicken), grilled seafood, lots of roasted, fried, and crispy proteins (liempo, lechon, etc.) and other hearty Filipino fare that you can finish off with desserts like kakanin, dirty ice cream, and halo-halo.
Highlights: To complete the Filipino fiesta, live music and cultural performances are held regularly at the restaurant. A good dining and entertainment option for your hungry balikbayans and foreign guests.
- Monday to Friday: P638/Lunch
- Monday to Thursday: P838/Dinner
- Saturday: P699/Lunch
- Friday to Saturday: P888/Dinner
- Sunday & Holidays: P888/Lunch and Dinner
- Kids' Buffet: P380/Below 4.5 ft, Children below 3.5 ft Free
- (Leftover Price: P950)
5. Movie Stars Cafe
The Food: Get creative with your cravings by designing your own deluxe burgers, sandwiches, and hotdogs--and eat all you can of these, at the restaurant's "Dino-Buffet." Ala Carte menu also available.
Highlights: A giant T-rex looms over you at the buffet spread, hence its name. And at Movie Stars Cafe, enjoy perusing through many movie memorabilia, entertainment through servers and staff in various costumes, and nightly musical shows.
- Dinner: 6pm-10pm, P699/head
- Midnight: 10pm onwards, P599/head
- add P99 for all you can drink option (soda, juice, coffee or tea, draft beer)
- no leftover policy
FB: /VIKINGSSMMALLOFASIA | IG: @vikingsluxurybuffet | Twitter: @vikingsbuffet | vikings.ph
The Food: Its very first outlet, the flagship store, opened at SM By the Bay in 2011, making it the first buffet concept along Seaside Boulevard. Feast like a Viking with their vast spread of international dishes.
Highlights: European, Asian, and American fare, for an around the world food adventure with every plate.
- Lunch - P688/Adult, P388/Kids 4ft - 4ft 6', P188/Kids 3ft-4ft, Kids below 3ft Free, 50% off for 75 years old and above
- Dinner - P888/Adult, P588/Kids 4ft - 4ft 6', P288/Kids 3ft-4ft, Kids below 3ft Free, 50% off for 75 years old and above
- P1,088/Adults, P688/Kids 4ft - 4ft 6', P388/Kids 3ft-4ft, Kids below 3ft Free
7. Charaptor Charcoal Barbeque Bar
The Food: This BBQ all you can concept is a hit in Makati, serving a buffet spread of char-grilled meat and fresh seafood at affordable prices--less than P500 per head! Soon the charcoal barbecue buffet will open its second branch in SM By The Bay.
Rates: (current rates in Makati branch)
- Lunch: P390/Head, Tuesday to Sunday (10am-2pm)
- Dinner: P390/Head, Monday to Thursday (6pm-11pm), P490/Head, Friday to Sunday (5pm-12mn)
[Looking for more buffet options in Manila? Click here to get started.]
SM By the Bay is located at Seaside Boulevard, SM Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City. Like SM By the Bay in Facebook (/smbythebay) and follow on Twitter and Instagram (@thesmbythebay).